My family and I just returned from a quick visit to “The Most Magical Place on Earth” — Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. For a sneak peek into how our visit went follow along over the next few posts.
For reference: On Friday July 30th Disney World started requiring face coverings again indoors and in all ride queues. At the time of our visit there are no Fastpasses, separate character meet & greets, and many shows have still not reopened.
But even with all that we had a wonderful time together! We may not have hit all the headliner rides but selected attractions based on family favorites and new rides. (My kids don’t love thrill rides so you won’t see us on all roller coasters 😉
Day 1: Friday July 30th, 2021
Resort: Disney’s Polynesian Resort (Magic Kingdom Area)
Theme Parks: Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and Magic Kingdom® Theme Park
- Caught Disney Bus to Animal Kingdom® at 7:05am, for a 8am park opening.
- Arrived, security, and scanned tickets by 7:27am
- Went directly to line for Kilimanjaro Safaris® Expedition
- Safari opened 10 minutes before park opening, but had a slight delay while they brought the baby giraffe out to the safari for the first time.
- 8:10am – 8:30: Rode Kilimanjaro Safari. Saw the new baby giraffe named Henry.
- Enjoyed Gorilla Falls Expedition Trail
- Na’vi River Journey 20 min wait (said 30 min, often the ride wait times are overestimate
- Viewed the Tree of life
- It’s Tough to be a Bug ® (3D show)
- 10:20am Tusker House breakfast reservation
- Maharajah Jungle Trek®
- Oasis Exhibits
- 12pm took the bus back to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort for break
- Took the water taxi from Polynesian Resort to Magic Kingdom at 3:30pm
- 4:10pm reservation at Be Our Guest
- Tomorrowland® Transit Authority (The People Mover — my son’s favorite!)
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirates of the Caribbean®
- Found a fireworks spot and enjoyed some snacks while we waited (around 8:15pm)
- Happily Ever After @ 9:15
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin (no wait
- People Mover (no wait)
Closed Magic Kingdom at 10pm.
Took the water taxi back to resort